Thursday, 14 June 2018

Listen to FreakyBob - Me And You by Bobman #np on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/bobman-488063209/freakybob-me-and-you

Monday, 10 April 2017

Lai Mohammed denies reports on monitoring of calls, Social Media posts

The Federal Government has described as false the information being circulated on the Social Media to the effect that, under a purported Ministry of Interior Regulation, all phone calls and Social Media posts made by the citizens are to be monitored and recorded.
Minister for Information, Culture and National Orientation. Alhaji Lai Mohammed departing with some documents after a closed door parley with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida
In a statement issued in Abuja on Monday, the Minister of Informatio and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, described the development as another example of disinformation that has permeated the media space, especially the Social Media.
The Minister said the intention of those behind the false news is to give the impression that the Federal Government is working to stifle freedom of speech, which is not the case.
”There is no regulation, old or new, from the Ministry of Interior or any federal government agency requiring the recording of all calls or the monitoring of Social Media platforms like WhatsApp, Twitter or Facebook. We are therefore using this medium to inform all Nigerians that what is being circulated in this regard is totally false and should be disregarded.
”We thank all Nigerians who have reached out to us in an effort to confirm the authenticity or otherwise of this information, which is now being widely circulated on the Social Media. This is the best way to ensure that the purveyors of false news do not dominate our media space,” he said.

Sunday, 9 April 2017

JAMB postpones UTME 2017 exams, extends registration date


The Joint Admission and Registration Board (JAMB) has extended the registration date for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
The board extended the deadline for sale of forms and registration for the exams from the earlier announced April 19 to May 5.
Consequently, the exam body also postponed the 2017 UMTE from May 13 to May 20.
The Mock Examination earlier slated for Saturday, had earlier been put on hold.
The Board said the postponement of the mock was due to failure from its technical partners.
The Registrar of the Board, Is-haq Oloyede, who disclosed this in a statement on Saturday, also apologised to candidates for the sudden changes.
He said: “We could not go on with the Mock Examination and hereby announce extension of registration exercise of the 2017 UTME.
“Instead of the earlier announced April 19, the deadline for the sale of forms and registration will now extend to Friday, May 5, 2017. Consequently, the 2017 UTME has also been postponed to start on Saturday, May 13 – 20, 2017.
“The Mock Examination earlier slated for Saturday, April 8, 2017 has been put on hold.
“This is because the appropriate rehearsal and test-running of the new system has been substantially achieved.
“The plan was to trial-test the readiness of our facilities and address the challenges that may likely confront the main examination.
“At this moment, we have realized that the plan to hold this Mock Examination was good for us. We are now in a better position to achieve better than we would have done without this trial testing. This is why the exercise is at no cost to the candidates.
“It is our strong conviction that this exercise is an experience for us. Our systems analysis has revealed interesting findings that will engender a seamless and successful 2017 UTME exercise.”
JAMB’s spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, who confirmed the statement to PREMIUM TIMES in phone chat, said the Board had on Friday said it would make changes on the exam process if need be.
The House of Representatives had on April 4 asked JAMB to extend the registration exercise by at least one month to allow more people to apply

Saturday, 8 April 2017

EFCC begins manhunt for owner of seized N448.85m found in Lagos shopping complex

- EFCC says it is on the trail of the owners of the N448.85m it discovered in Lagos state on Friday
- Sam Amadin, the anti-corruption agency's spokesman in Lagos, said efforts are on to contact the owners of the complex to know those that rented the affected shops
- According to Amadin, the shops had been abandoned for a very long time
N448.85m EFCC discovered in Lagos
A portion of the seized cash in Lagos on Friday, April t
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has said that it is searching for the owner of N448.85million it discovered in a shopping plaza in Lagos state late on Friday, April 7.
According to The Punch, spokesman of the agency in Lagos Sam Amadin said it was trying to reach the owner of the complex with a view to knowing who rented the said shop 64.
The shopping plaza, from preliminary investigation, was built by estate developers. From the developers, we will get the owner of the money.
”The people around the complex know the owner of the money. The place has not been in use for a long time, the owner only sneaks into the place and keep the money. We will find the owner very soon,” Amadin said.
A statement by the Commission on Friday night after the discovery said N448.85m was recovered in a shop at the LEGICO Shopping Plaza on Victoria Island.
The statement read in part: “The shops had the signage of a Bureau de Change. Inquiries about the owner of shop 64 indicated that he had not been seen for a long time, as neighbours claimed the shop had not been opened for business for close to two years.
“The attention of the plaza’s Chairman and some traders were drawn in order to force the shops open.
“There was no money found in shop 67, but in shop 64, heaps of Ghana-Must-Go bags were found on the floor of the shop.
“When the bags were unzipped they were found to contain bundles of Naira notes totalling N448. 85m.”
Shigosag.blogspot.com recalls that, acting on a tip-off by a concerned whistleblower,operatives of the EFCC stormed the shopping complex seeking to know the owners of two shops LS 64 and LS 67.

Friday, 7 April 2017

JAMB releases guidelines for Saturday’s mock UTME exam

April 7, 2017 Press Release Registrar, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Prof. Ishaq Oloyede (R) addressing a News Conference in Abuja on Friday (7/4/17) on the proposed Computer Based Mock Examination holding Nationwide on Saturday April 8. With him is the Director of Test Administration, Dr Yusuf Lawal 02124/7/4/2017/Deborah Bada/ICE/NAN
The Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) will be conducting the 2017 UTME MOCK Examination tomorrow Saturday, April 8, 2017.
To seamlessly achieve this, the Board has suspended all activities relating to the ongoing registration exercise in ANY CBT Centre from 8pm today being Friday 7th of April, 2017 and to resume on Monday 10th of April 2017.
Candidates for mock examination are to check for their examination venue, time using either registration number or e-mail address on
www.jamb.org.ng/checkmockcentre .
Email and text messages have also been sent to candidates.
Candidates would be admitted to their respective centres by the e-slip
Announcer
Prof. Is-haq Oloyede OFR,
JAMB Registrar

Monday, 3 April 2017

BREAKING: President Buhari meets Dogara, Saraki in Aso Rock

President Muhammadu Buhari is currently meeting with Yakubu Dogara, the Speaker of the House of Representative.
According to The Punch, the president met with Dogara today, Monday, April 3 at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
BREAKING: President Buhari meets Dogara, Saraki in Aso Rock
File photo of President Buhari with Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara
Bukola Sraki who is the Senate president is also expected to meet with the president after Dogara.
This meeting is being considered a move by the executive and the legislature to achieve peace as there has been report that the two arms of government have been at loggerheads.
The retention of Ibrahim Magu as acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against the recommendation of the Senate has created tension between the president and the lawmakers as they decided not to screen the 27 resident electoral commissioners submitted by the president.

Sunday, 2 April 2017

CBN set to inject more dollars into the economy

- The Central Bank of Nigeria is set inject more dollars in into the market as its effort to sustain the growth of naira against dollar
- There are strong indications that the apex bank is set into push more dollars into the market to ensure liquidity in the interbank
- The move is also expected to increase the sale of dollars to Bureau de Change operators from $8,000 to $10,000 per week
CBN set to inject more dollars into economy to strengthen naira
The move is also expected to increase the sale of dollars to Bureau de Change operators from $8,000 to $10,000 per week
The Central Bank of Nigeria is set inject more dollars in into the market as its effort to sustain the growth of naira against dollar.
Shigosag.blogspot.com gathered there are strong indications that the apex bank is set into push more dollars into the market to ensure liquidity in the interbank.
The move is also expected to increase the sale of dollars to Bureau de Change operators from $8,000 to $10,000 per week.
Since the beginning of the intervention, the CBN has pumped a lot of market into the market to help the naira grow against the dollar.
Confirming the new move, Punch reports that the acting director of corporate communications at the CBN Isaac Okoroafor said the apex bank was determined to sustain its provision for the inter bank.
Okoroafor also said the move will enhance accessibility and affordability for genuine end users.
However, over the weekend, the apex bank called on commercial banks and other dealers in foreign market to desist from sabotaging its efforts.
The CBN said it has received several complaints from customer and end user of frustrations faced in accessing foreign exchange for items like tuition fee, medicals, personal and basic travel allowance.
CBN also urged Nigerians to report any suspected corrupt activities by any bank in accessing foreign exchange.

Thursday, 30 March 2017

GOOD NEWS! JAMB reduces exam hours

Candidates sitting for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) would from this year spend two hours instead of three hours to write the exam.
UTME: JAMB reduces exam hours
Candidates sitting for 2017 UTME would spend two hours instead of three hours to write the exam.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Registrar/Chief Executive Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, on Wednesday, March 29, stated this in Kaduna, during the opening ceremony of a strategic planning retreat on the monitoring, supervision and evaluation of 2017 UTME with the theme: “Inclusiveness and sensitisation of key external actors.”
According to JAMB, a total of 240,000 candidates have so far registered for the examination which has been scheduled for May 20, barely one week after the commencement of the sale of forms which is expected to end on April 22.
The organisation said the reduction of hours was in line with international best standards and practices where no candidate is kept in an examination such as UTME for more than two hours.
He said: “We are going to reduce the duration of the examination for this year’s UTME. You cannot keep children of this age for three hours. For their age, the maximum time you can keep them is two hours. So, we are considering the reduction in the time they spend because once it is more than two hours you can’t expect that they will retain their presence of mind.”
Oloyede adde that out of 13 commercial banks and the Nigeria Postal Service that have signified interest in the sales of the admission forms, only nine have paid for the number of application documents they required in the first instance.
In a related development, since JAMB started the sale of the 2017 UTME form, candidates have been finding it hard to do their registration.
Some have been complaining about getting the pin to be used to register for the exam.  Shigosag.blogspot.com gathered from JAMB Twitter handle that the cause of the invalid pin being experienced by candidates was due to a very high rate of candidates buying ePINS without creating their profile first, incorrect email address provided at the bank teller and unforeseen technical issues in the PIN vending system.
Recently, some Nigerians who distinguished themselves while studying in the United Kingdom were rewarded for their outstanding achievements in an elaborate ceremony.

Wednesday, 29 March 2017

BREAKING: VP Osinbajo jets off to Paris for antigraft forum

An antigraft forum is set to hold in France
 Nigeria's vice president has departed for the event which holds in Paris
Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Nigeria's vice president, has departed for Paris in France.
Osinbajo is off to attend the anti-corruption and integrity forum of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development holding Thursday and Friday, March 29th and 30th.
BREAKING: VP Osinbajo jets off to Paris for antigraft forum
BREAKING: VP Osinbajo jets off to Paris for antigraft forum
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a statement.
According to him, Osinbajo will speak at the forum which brings global leaders, government ministers, business leaders and civil society representatives together to discuss the cost of corruption, the use of political donations to buy influence, developments in corporate liability for graft and the role of export controls in countering bribery.
Daily Trust reports that the vice president's spokesman said the organisers of the forum was concerned that "corruption and abuse of public office are a blight on democracies and a drain on public finances and with trust in government flagging."

After sending list of two ministerial nominees, Buhari presides over FEC meeting (photos)

On Wednesday, March 29, President Muhammadu Buhari presided over the Federal Executive meeting at the Presidential Villa.
After sending list of two ministerial nominees, Buhari presides over FEC meeting (photos)
On Wednesday, March 29, President Muhammadu Buhari presided over the Federal Executive meeting at the Presidential Villa.
On Wednesday, March 29, President Muhammadu Buhari presided over the Federal Executive meeting at the Presidential Villa.
After sending list of two ministerial nominees, Buhari presides over FEC meeting (photos)
President Buhari sent two nominees to the Senate today
Today's FEC meeting comes after the president forwarded the name of two nominees for ministerial appointment.
After sending list of two ministerial nominees, Buhari presides over FEC meeting (photos)
The meeting comes after the president has sent name of ministerial nominees to the Senate
The list which was sent to the Senate through the Senate President Bukola Saraki contained the names of Stephen Ocheni (Kogi) and Suleiman Hassam (Gombe).
After sending list of two ministerial nominees, Buhari presides over FEC meeting (photos)
Minister of sports and youth development Solomon Dalung and others
The ministers present at the FEC meeting include: the minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun; minister of communications and technology, Adebayo Shittu; minister of sports and youth development Solomon Dalung among many others.
After sending list of two ministerial nominees, Buhari presides over FEC meeting (photos)
Some ministers during the FEC meeting

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

CBN introduces new forex rate for Bureau De Change operators nationwide

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has reviewed down the rate at which it was selling dollars to Bureau De Change (BDC) operators nationwide.
CBN reviews BDC rates down to $/N360
CBN introduces new forex rate for Bureau De Change operators nationwide
Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, President, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Tuesday that the buying rate for BDCs would now be N350 and would sell at N360 to the dollar.
NAN reports that before now, BDCs were buying dollars from the CBN at a forward rate of N381 to the dollar and selling at N399 to the dollar.
Gwadabe commended the CBN for heeding the appeal of BDCs for a level playing field for all players in the foreign exchange market.
The ABCON chief pledged the commitment of all BDCs in collaborating with the apex bank to sustain the gains recorded by naira against the dollar.
NAN further reports that the CBN, had on Monday, pegged the selling rate for Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) at N360 to the dollar.
The CBN had injected close to two billion dollars since it started its intervention in the foreign exchange market five weeks ago.
Efforts of the apex bank have crashed dollar rates at the parallel market to between N375 in Lagos and N365 in Abuja.
The CBN said it determined to crush speculators in the market and ensure that genuine foreign exchange seekers have access to foreign currencies with ease.

Listen to FreakyBob - Me And You by Bobman #np on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/bobman-488063209/freakybob-me-and-you